A: Take your parents out for dinner and pay the bill
So how do you know when you’re ACTUALLY an adult? Here are the top 10 signs, according to a new survey . . .
- Pay your own bills. 81% of people say you need to before you’re considered an adult.
- Have a full-time job. 63% say it’s a requirement for being an adult.
- Move out of your parents’ house, 59%.
- Do your own laundry, 55%.
- Don’t get regular financial assistance from your parents or relatives, 54%.
- Cook for yourself more than twice a week, 39%.
- Do your own taxes, 38%.
- Contribute to an IRA or other retirement plan, 35%.
- Take your parents out to dinner and pay the bill, 30%.
- Get an annual check up, 29%.
A few things that didn’t make the top 10 are having children . . . hosting Thanksgiving . . . giving money to charity . . . flossing . . . and paying for Netflix.