There’s a variety of perks to sleeping in the buff, especially if you’re a dude. According to Maxim, here are five of them:
- It’s better for your manhood. Researchers from the National Institute of Child Health and Development and Stanford University found that men who wore breezy boxers during the day and slept in the buff at night had a 25 percent lower rate of damaged DNA in their sperm.
- Your love life will get a boost. It was found that 57 percent of people who sleep in the nude are very happy in their relationships, relative to 48 percent who prefer to sleep fully clothed.
- It can make you healthier overall. Oxytocin, aka the “love hormone,” helps you fall asleep and stay asleep, because it's a powerful calming agent that makes you feel serene, tranquil, and incredibly happy.
- You’ll get better quality sleep. Wearing clothes makes you retain heat, which is not the best thing when you’re trying to get a good night’s sleep.
- You’ll be in better shape. A study published in the scientific journal Diabetes found that sleeping in a cool bedroom and keeping your body temperature relatively low activates brown fat in adults, which is a type of “good” fat that generates heat and burns calories.