BuzzFeed has put together a list of slightly messed up things that most parents are guilty of doing at least once. Here are 10 (check out the full list at the link):
- Throwing away your kids' artwork sooner or later...or, ahem, sooner.
- Hiding your snacks from your kids like, "mine, all mine."
- Taking way too long to "seek" your kids during hide-and-seek just to have some me-time.
- Blaming your kids for sights, sounds and smells that definitely aren't theirs.
- Using your kids as an excuse to get out of something you just plain don't want to do.
- Skipping words, sentences or entire pages in a bedtime story when you're just too tired.
- Throwing away or hiding an annoying toy and telling them it's lost or broken.
- Pretending to be asleep when you're not so that they leave you alone.
- Suggesting the "quiet game" because you just can't take anymore itty-bitty person chatter.
- Letting your partner do the disciplining so you can be the "fun" parent.
Check out the entire article HERE