BuzzFeed has compiled a list of 20 easy ways to save money on groceries. Here are 10 (check out the full list at the link):
- Before you go shopping, clean out your pantry and fridge, and take stock of the items you actually need.
- Plan recipes ahead of time, and you will be the boss of that food store.
- Skip the meat one, two, or even three days a week, and watch your grocery bill shrink! There are plenty of high protein vegetarian dinners out there.
- Save money on produce by shopping at your local farmer's market.
- Check to see if your grocery store has a grocery app. Some apps will load coupons automatically.
- Remember the internet exists, and save money buying shelf-stable items in bulk online without ever leaving your home.
- Research what's in season each month, and buy tons of it while prices are low.
- Freeze those in-season items, as well as bread and meat that are near expiration and on mark down.
- Look for generic and store brands above and below eye level in the grocery aisles. That's where they hide the cheaper stuff.
- Be open and on the lookout for the best prices in unexpected places. One of the best places to look is the dollar store.
Read the ENTIRE LIST HERE