Today Indiana governor Eric Holcomb announced that he would re-open the state in a 5 stage plan. Indiana is already in stage 1 which has allowed for elective surgeries, essential business and critical infrastructure. Here's what allowed in the stage 2 plan, which begins Monday for most of the state,except for Lake county, which will not proceed until May 11th.
- Social gatherings allowed but no more than 25 people as long as there is social distancing.
- Essential travel restrictions lifted.
- Libraries open
- Retail and commercial businesses can open at 50 percent capacity.
- Shopping malls may open at the same 50 percent capacity rule
- After being at stage 2 for one week hair salons can reopen by appointment only. Social distancing rules apply.
- Restaurants also may reopen after being at stage 2 for one week but at no more than 50 percent
Stage 3 openings begin on May 24th
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Movie theaters but at half capacity
The Governor hopes to have the state open, including for fairs and festivals, as of July.