There were plenty of items that were hard to find on grocery store shelves this year. Supply chain, logistical, and staffing issues made it hardest to find:
- Chicken - One of 2021's earliest grocery items on short supply, restaurants Buffalo Wild Wings nearly ran out after a high demand of fast food.
- Fish sticks - A border dispute between the US and Canada affected Alaskan pollock supply. Canada even had 25 million pounds of fish in cold supply just waiting for the dispute to end.
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream - A labor shortage caused the Vermont-based company to temporarily halt production in 2021.
- Pet Food - Canned cat food was especially hard to find.
- Ketchup packets - Take-out and delivery sales soared this year, making it hard to find the condiment.