What to bring for a dessert to Aunt Mary's holiday party? Or your neighbors Christmas potluck? Whatever you do you may want to avoid these classic holiday "treats" as nobody seems to enjoy them as much as they used to. The website 'Eat This' did a list of the worst classic holiday desserts from several different sources and found that these dishes have fallen out of favor....
- A Mashed survey found that 43% of Americans hope to never see fruitcake at the holiday table.
- 'Women's Day' magazine consistently ranks Panettone, fruitcake's fancier Italian cousin, one of the worst holiday desserts of all time.
- A YouGov poll found that cookies spiced with the liquorish tasting anise ranked as the least popular holiday cookie.
- It may have been hot in the 15th century, but many Americans aren't breaking out the animal fat for old fashioned Christmas pudding anymore.
- 'Southern Living' says rice pudding is beginning to vanish from holiday menus.
- There are Reddit threads dedicated to the horrific flashback of being served pineapple and cottage cheese filled Jell-O salad.