It's always fun to think about what life might be like in the future, but what's even more interesting is seeing what people THOUGHT would happen. There were a number of predictions made by scientists in 1923 about what they thought our world would look like in 2023. Here are a few of them according to Paul Fairie, a researcher at the University of Calgary, who took a look at newspaper clippings of various experts' 2023 forecasts in a now-viral Twitter thread. Here are a few of them....
- Men would be curling their hair and we would have four hour workdays (yayyy!!!)
- women would blacken their teeth and shave their heads, and life expectancy would be 100 years.
- One newspaper writer said we would live to be 300
- Newspapers would be out of business for 50 years
- People would communicate through watch-sized radio telephones
- Cancer would be eradicated
- All people would be beautiful
- The US population would be 300 million