Mick Lee

Mick Lee

Mick Lee is a Chicago radio personality and the Program Director of WLIT, 93.9 LITE FM. Originally from upstate NY, Mick wanted to be a radio DJ as a...Full Bio


What to Do If Your Car is Damaged by a Chicago Pothole

Chicago winters can only mean one thing. POTHOLES! And there are a ton to dodge this season with the recent snow storms and drastic temperature changes over the past few weeks.

BUT, NBC 5 reports that if your car is damaged while driving over one, you may receive some compensation!

Here are the steps to take for auto damage caused by a pothole or accident with a City vehicle:

  • Complete and sign this Damage to Vehicle Claim Form
  • Provide a copy of paid receipt for the repairs performed to the car, OR two written estimates for the cost of repairing the damage (a copy of each is sufficient)
  • Provide a copy of a police report for the incident that resulted in the damage
  • Send all information to:

Office of the City Clerk

Attn: Claims

121 N. LaSalle St, Room 107

Chicago, IL 60602-1295

Claims can take several months so be patient!

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content