Wisconsin Woman Loses Limbs After Getting Rugburn

The headline seems crazy, but it's true.

Alecia Kennen from Wisconsin tripped in her house and got a serious case of rug burn on her shoulder. It was all downhill from there.

A week later, she noticed her limbs were turning black. It turns out, her sons had all suffered strep throat and the strep bacteria entered her bloodstream through the rug burn. This in turn, created toxic shock syndrome and spiraled out of control.

Months later, she is doing much better and is actually walking again for the first time.

So terrible but we're glad she's recovered from a terrifying ordeal.

Mick Lee

Mick Lee

Want to know more about Mick Lee? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on iHeartRadio! Read more


Content Goes Here