Chicago's Gene & Georgetti Closes Temporarily After Fire

(photo: Mick Lee)

Chicago’s oldest Italian steakhouse is closed temporarily after a grease fire started in the kitchen on Saturday.

According to multiple reports it caused flames to shoot through the roof before Chicago firefighters extinguished the blaze shortly after.

Management reported to me directly that everyone is safe and they'll know more about an exact re-opening in the coming days. Hopefully sooner than later because its one of my favorite places in the city!

In a Facebook post, the restuarant said:

"Good morning, friends. We wanted to let you know that we did have a grease fire here early this morning but thanks to the wonderful engine 42 firefighters and emergency responders in our beloved 18th district we had no injuries and no grave damage. We will be closed today, Saturday October 5 until further notice while we clean up and get ready to reopen. Please contact us at 312-527-3718, and thank you for your kind thoughts."

 
Mick Lee

Mick Lee

Want to know more about Mick Lee? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on iHeartRadio! Read more

title

Content Goes Here