Every household needs a big bottle of white vinegar. Here are just eight ways this cheap product proves to be a lifesaver (check the link for more):
- Clean your windows by wiping them down with a solution made of equal parts white vinegar and water.
- Revive scorched pans with a mix of baking soda and vinegar, which will loosen the damage to your burnt pans so you can scrub off any residue.
- De-scale your coffee pot by running it with a mix of equal parts vinegar and water. Then run it a few times with just water to get rid of the vinegar smell.
- De-grime your microwave with a mixture of water and vinegar—a ratio of 2 cups water to 2 tablespoons white vinegar. Nuke that in a bowl for five minutes, then let the steam sit for two to three minutes before you remove the bowl and turntable for a thorough interior wipe-down.
- Clean your floors:
- Wood floor after you vacuum them with a mix of one gallon of water and a 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar. Use a lightly dampened mop to clean.
- Remove carpet stains by spraying a solution of 50/50 water and white vinegar on the stain before blotting with a clean rag.