Pier 1 filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Monday and is expected to close about 450 of its stores.
"The company expects to operate its business in the normal course during this process," Pier 1 said in its statement, with retail stores and the company's e-commerce platform remaining open for the time being. There has been no indication when the stores will close or how many jobs will be lost.
Here are the stores in our area that will be closed: (see the full list here)
Illinois Pier 1 closing stores
- Algonquin: 718 South Randall Road
- Aurora: 4362 East New York
- Batavia: 481 North Randall
- Bloomingdale: 360 W Army Trail Road
- Bolingbrook: 1116 W Boughton Road
- Bourbonnais: 1660 North State Route 50
- Carbondale: 1401 East Main St.
- Chicago: 1014 S Canal St.
- Chicago: 1574 N Kingsbury St.
- Dekalb: 2371 Sycamore Road
- Forsyth: 987 S Route 51
- Glenview: 2331 Willow Road
- Mundelein: 3062 W. Route 60
- Oak Park: 1143 West Lake St.
- Schaumburg: 1522 E Golf Road
- South Elgin: 358 Randall Road
Indiana closing Pier 1 stores
- Bloomington: 849 Automall Road
- Fort Wayne: 1750 Apple Glen Blvd.
- Goshen: 4024 Elkhart Road
- Kokomo: 1429 S Reed Road
- Merrillville: 1685 East 80th Ave.
- Valparaiso: 150 Silhavy Road
- Warsaw: 2802 Frontage Road