No two parents are the same. They all have their own rules but this new YouGov poll will help us understand just how strict parents can really be.
38% said their parents and their friend's parents had a similar level of strictness, while only 18% say their parents were more lenient than other parents. Overall, 11% of people with stricter parents say it was a bad thing, while 26% of those with more lenient parents say it was a bad thing.
When it comes to rules parents set, the most common ones include:
- Doing chores (75%)
- Being home by curfew (75%)
- Going to bed at a certain time (72%)
- Getting good grades (71%)
- Homework and studying (71%)
- Drinking alcohol (69%)
- Smoking (68%)
- Eating all the food on your plate (65%)
As for the rules that were most likely to be broken, the most common include:
- Eating sugar (27%)
- Using the computer (25%)
- Playing video games (20%)
- Watching TV (20%)